Monday, February 16, 2009

messy house monday

so im attempting to get this thing going since everyone else is managing to do it. however, im a little sad mels computer is broke :( i had a pretty uneventful weekend...Saturday was Valentines day, which im not too huge on but me and phil ended up at a sushi restaurant where we had to wait over an hour just to sit at the sushi bar, only for me to get a horrid stomach ache and i ended up falling asleep on my bed watching t.v. as i said...uneventful ...but it was nice spending the time with phil considering its been hard for us lately because ive been working all days and phils been in school during the days and has been working a lot of night shifts at work. The time we do have together we try to make the best of.
Today Lauren(one of my roommates) and I spent the ENTIRE day gutting the house. We seem to be the only two people in my crazy house that end up cleaning...probably because our mothers were obsessive cleaners and it worked its way down into our bones as well...(thanks mom :) However, there is nothing better than finally relaxing after hours of cleaning into a finished house. Lauren and I did sit down and talk today, and realized we only have four more months in this house until its time to either move or re sign the lease...which scares me because I really dont know what I should do...part of me thinks i should just resign to make it easy...no packing and moving...yet another part thinks this is too much at times and that there are a lot of other options...i've been praying about this lately because I know whatever we do decide to do it will probably end up hurting someone and thats going to be extremely hard to deal with...
Tonight Lauren, her boyfriend Ross, Phil and I are all going out to dinner at this mexican place up the street...its so nice that Phil and I get along with my roommates and their boyfriends...and it is unimaginably fun being able to live with your closest friends...however, like anything else, there are always the cons as well. lol...the weekends tend to bring this out in me...sometimes living AND working with ALL girls really gets the best of you and all I really want is to just be with phil or my family or just by myself. But it makes it hard when you deal with people everyday and then have to come home to a packed house of girls, who, a lot of the time, have their friends over or their boyfriends and you just want to scream when you walk through the doors "can everyone please get out of my house!" (especially when weird bodies are over after you just spent the entire weekend cleaning....lol...) This has definitely been one of the funnest, best experiences and yet... one of the hardest...I know that whatever the decision may be come June, Ive put it in God's hands and he knows what is best for me...

3 comments:

  1. Alright!! Another place to pass on tips and guidance! jk, though I can't help but say I hope (and I'll pray) that whatever you do, you're happy with it. Do you know if when the lease is up if you can just go month to month? That might give you time if you need it to make a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soo glad you wrote Jess... I love hearing everyone's thoughts and feelings (and then getting to comment on them haha) I'm sad too that Mel's computer is not up to snuff to do this right now. But no matter when you decide on your moving question, I think that it's really good that you got this time to live on your "own" and yet with your girlfriends. I just think it is a really neat life experience. I imagine it is hard at times though coming home to house holds of people. But then again, there's always somebody there to share things with too. Praying about it is of course the answer and I will join you that you make the right choice. Love ya Jess Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being able to read about these little slices of everyone's life. Four months will fly by. I will also be praying about your decision. No matter what you do it is wonderful that you got to have an experience like this. I thought of a good name for your mom's blog "Tut's Tips"

    ReplyDelete